On 2.14.14, we invited friends and family to join us in person or through social media to pray over the home and land we just purchased and to dedicate it back to God. Below, you will find the time, focus, and specific prayers for each major area. Thank you for partnering with us in prayer!
5:00 - Driveway
Psalm 33:22 "Let Your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in You alone."
Hebrews 6:19 "We have this HOPE as an anchor for the soul firm and secure."
Focus: pray for and over people
- Pray for everyone who will set foot on the property - volunteers, mentors, kids and students, families, youth, friends, board members
- Pray that people will come, that they will feel welcome
- Pray that there will be a sense of openness and willingness to share in the hearts of the kids, a sense of discernment in the mentors, a sense of joy in the volunteers.
- Pray that there will be an atmosphere filled with fun and laughter.
- Pray that the values of faith, family, and trust can be rooted and established.
- Pray that the board members and leaders of Bright Side make decisions guided by faith and wisdom, rooted in the vision of Bright Side.
5:15 - Home
Joshua 24:15 "But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose this day whom you will serve. Would you prefer the gods of your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates? Or will it be the gods of the Amorites in whose land you now live? But as for me and my family, we will serve The Lord."
Focus: pray over the house
- Pray for all who come in the doors to feel at home and welcome.
- Pray that it will be a true home for our kids - place of safety and security for them.
- Pray that it will be a place of rest for us.
- Pray for our marriage (that it will be the foundational relationship for our family) and our relationship with our kids.
- Pray for the youth who visit to feel welcome and a part of a family.
- Pray it will be a place of rest for volunteers.
- Pray that great conversation and ideas be generated in meetings in that space.
- Pray it will be filled with joy and laughter
5:30 - Property
Colossians 1:9-10 "We ask God to give you complete knowledge of His will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please The Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better."
Focus: pray over the land
- Pray over the programs, the animals, and our resources.
- Pray the programs start with our hearts centered on the Lord.
- Pray that the animals being rescued will find relief, peace, and healing.
- Pray for the animals being used in the program - that God will truly use them to reach the hearts of the children and that they be a good fit for working at the ranch.
- Pray God will give us wisdom and discernment in filtering through both rescue and program horses.
- Pray that we will be good stewards of the resources that we have and the ones to come.
- Pray that Bright Side will have financial partners who give generously and willingly.
- Pray that we will have the financial, physical, and human resources we need to achieve the vision.
- Pray that God will continue to expand the reach of the ranch.
- Pray that God will continue to give us wisdom and discernment as the ranch grows to see new opportunities.